Social Icons

Sunday 4 November 2012

Good Bye Prince of Wales School

It feels fitting that I should start my new IPACA Director of Digital Learning and Innovation Blog by copying the last Blog post from my previous role as Acting Assistant Headteacher at the Prince of Wales First School - 

I would love to write to everyone (every member of staff, every pupil, every parent and every member of the POW community) who has made my time at the Prince of Wales First School so special. I would like to thank everyone personally, however, this is simply not possible.

Each of you reading this has made the last three and a half years of my life simply incredible! I have been honored to call myself a teacher at this school which has developed me so much as a teacher, a leader and ultimately as a person. I thank everyone who has engaged in the work I have led from the use of SWGfL Merlin to helping run (and attend) events like the recent Summer Soiree. I thank everyone who has been unfazed by my slightly unorthodox styles of trashing classrooms, building time tunnels and setting off rockets!

Most of all, I thank you parents for trusting me with your amazing children and Mr. Farrington for allowing me the freedom to teach them creatively. I have loved every minute at the Prince of Wales First School. I hope that as I take on my new role on Portland, I can inspire others to teach in the inclusive, engage and inspiring way that is so engrained at the Prince of Wales First School.

In the last few years I have been fortunate enough to be invited to speak at I.C.T Conferences about our work at the Prince of Wales First School. At these conferences I often finish with a quote from the late Steve Job (founder of Apple Computers). I would like to close this short message with that same quote:

“Your work is going to fill a large part of your life, and the only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do”

I have loved my time at the Prince of Wales First School and hope that my pupils will all grow up to “love what they do”.

Warmest thanks again.


Mr. Spracklen
Thursday 25th October, 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.